At this critical time in national and local politics, Democrats need a leader with Tom O’Brien’s political and professional business experience. In addition to being chair of LCDC, O’Brien is also chair of the Lancaster County delegation to the PA State Democratic Committee.
Before becoming LCDC’s chair, he served as a committee person for more than twenty years. O’Brien lives with his wife Jan in Manheim Township, where he also served as a School Board Director and Township Commissioner.
As chair of LCDC, he plans to:
- Promote Democratic party unity
- Increase diversity at all levels of the county’s Democratic party
- Improve visibility and accessibility of party leadership
- Collaborate with Democrats to bolster party operations throughout the county
- Advocate for and promote Democratic candidates at all levels of government
- Expand the Democratic party throughout the county
O’Brien wants LCDC to continue fighting for issues that are important to everyone: healthcare, women’s right to make healthcare decisions, fair elections, and protecting democracy.
A key goal of the Democratic party, he said, is “to make the American Dream possible for everyone, no matter their race, gender identity, sexual orientation, or nationality.”