Dear Lancaster County Democrats and Friends,
We are sure you are all paying close attention to the ongoing spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This is expected to continue and we should all take precautions to prevent any further spread. Guidance from the CDC and PA Department of Health encourages:
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
In the interests of your safety, here are our latest updates:
- We are strongly advising campaigns and committees to suspend all canvassing and group meetings until further notice.
- LCDC is postponing all planned trainings and meetings until further notice.
- The LCDC office will be closed until further notice, and our administrator will be working from home. If you need support, please email the office at . Our administrator, Tracey Lynn Arriola, will be able to access the LCDC email from home.
- Further closings and accommodations are under consideration, so please keep watch on your emails for future announcements.
The campaigns are actively planning for the cessation of canvassing so they will be reaching out and posting on social media ways that you can help and stay involved.
We are encouraging voters to use the new mail-in ballot option to cast their votes for the June 2 Primary. This option allows voters to vote by mail without requiring a reason to do so instead of going to a physical polling place. To apply for a mail-in ballot, please visit VotesPA.com/ApplyMailBallot. The deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot is Tuesday, May 26. For more information on mail-in ballots, as well as other voting needs for the Primary, please visit the Pennsylvania Democrats’ Voting Center at www.padems.com/vote.
If anybody needs to register to vote or change their voter registration status (such as changing name, address, or party), please visit www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/VoterRegistrationApplication.aspx. The deadline to register to vote or change registration before the Primary is Monday, May 18.
Most of all, we urge you to take care of yourselves and one another. Follow the news closely as the situation is continuing to change rapidly. Make sure you have extra food, medicines, pet/ baby supplies on hand in case of a quarantine. Obey any dictates from the Department of Health to keep yourself and your families safe and healthy.
We’ll get through this together. Keep your eyes peeled for further communications from us as we look at Primary Day and more and consider how best to move forward keeping everyone healthy.
Thank you for your support and understanding. Please stay safe and healthy